Thursday, February 8, 2007

"Today, two Spanish girls made eye contact with me"

That title courtesy of one of the middle aged Texans that sat down at the same tapas bar we were at last night. Actually tapas bar is a misnomer because it was less bar-ish and more restaurant. And we had some communication issues and wound up getting a lot of food and a hefty bill. But at least the sangria was good.

It's supposed to rain again this weekend which is a major buzzkill with my shoes. I'm running out of options, finally today I caved and wore my running shoes. They feel so good on my feet. I clearly stuck out like an American with my backpack and sneakers; if I was wearing my North Face and brought my Vera Bradley I would have made the outfit complete.

Not much to report, except I'm having less breakdowns. My two politics classes are kind of hard, at least the reading is. And for my film class, we're reading scripts in Spanish. It's hard to understand the stage directions.

In other news, Drew is coming in a couple of weeks. And possibly some London kids, who knows. We are going to the Roman ruins tomorrow and a day trip to Cordoba on Saturday. Tonight is LeAnn's birthday so we're planning on going out, hopefully we can find somewhere good to go.

I really need to do this homework.

No comments: